OMG! Shoes I Can Walk In From ASOS

close up photo of asos slingback shoes

Shoes, both the bane and the joy of my life. Having spinal problems, arthritis and other problems that I won’t bore you with means that buying shoes can be a bit a bit difficult.

So when I manage to find shoes I love and can actually wear you best believe I’m going to make a whole blog post about them. I had been tempted by these sling backs from ASOS for a while now but after I saw the gorgeous Alice Catherine wearing them in this Instagram post I decided to purchase them (I’m also lusting after these ones from Topshop which I saw in this post but I’m unsure if I’d be able to walk in them, oh and I’m skint).

The ASOS Slingshot sling backs come in two colours and finishes, brown faux suede (the ones I have) and also black faux leather (they’re selling out pretty fast now). I dunno why I’ve never considered slingbacks previously as they are superb to wear for someone like me. The strap means I can adjust the shoe just right to give the feel of more support. The mid-block heel, while looking nice, also adds stability and the pointed toes are just killer.

asos slingback shoes in brown faux suede

The buckle has a slightly 60s retro feel while the rest of the shoe feels minimalist. It’s a nice mix of styles. I’m wearing the ASOS slingbacks with another amazing purchase I made this year, my New Look Longline Faux Leather Biker Jacket (ASOS has a version here too). The quality of this jacket is amazing, it is weighty like a real leather jacket and is surprisingly warm. Unlike regular biker jackets this falls below the hips and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I wear it pretty much all the time and I can see it lasting me a while too, which I am trying to do with all my clothes. I’m trying to quench the impulse buys and be more thoughtful about my purchases. Interestingly, Pinterest is helping me to hone my style and make better consumer choices. Who knew?

More Aye Lined to Read:  A Slower Approach to Blogging

I usually wear my beloved Nike Cortez’s in all black but the ASOS slingbacks just add a little bit of chicness to an outfit that a pair of trainers just can’t do. Thanks to the incredibly popular Chanel Slingback the shops are flooded with the style. I really like these hot pink ones from Pull and Bear and these lower versions from John Lewis own brand Kin there really is a multitude of styles to pick from. I’m just pleased I can walk in a pair of shoes that I love.

Also, I kind of liked doing an “outfit” post, I almost did one here and here. Do you like them? Should I do more?

Do you like the slingback trend?

(contains affiliate links)

9 Comments

1. November 19, 2017 / 9:10 am

Love love the shape of them. I didn’t even realise the slingback has been trending!

• trona
      November 19, 2017 / 2:19 pm

all those fashion bloggers with Chanel shoes seem to have had a big hand in it. I only really realised when I did a search, Chanel is *slightly* out of my price range x

2. November 19, 2017 / 12:39 pm

I’m loving these shoes, sling back shoes tend to fall off me but I reckon the more substantial design of these could be a winner 🏅

• trona
      November 19, 2017 / 2:20 pm

yeah I think the fact that it’s adjustable really helps and it’s sturdy like you say. I’m so pleased with them xx

3. November 19, 2017 / 12:58 pm

I’ve always been a bit terrified of slingbacks, I feel like I’ll fall out of them when I walk! I also struggle to find comfortable shoes though, because I have flat feet and dodgy knees so need a bit of support. These are really classy-looking! x

• trona
      November 19, 2017 / 2:20 pm

exactly! I always thought the same thing but I guess it depends on the design and these are just right xx

4. November 19, 2017 / 3:20 pm

Slingbacks are fab! I used to wear them in the 1980s. I tend to go with the slingbacks with a kitten heel but those from ASOS with a chunky heel look equally as fab. I like the brown colour too. Will have to check them out! 😊

• trona
      November 19, 2017 / 9:05 pm

yeah I struggle even with a kitten heel but I do love how they look. The brown makes a nice difference I think x

5. Sophie
    November 19, 2017 / 11:02 pm

Ooh such cute shoes! I really like the jacket too. Personally I’ve never been a massive shoe person, as a child I lived in a small beach town and was pretty much always barefoot! Now I don’t go barefoot out but I love my flip flops and sometimes I’ll wear covered shoes (I always wear sneakers at the gym though!) An outfit post was a pleasant morning read for me, thank you for sharing! (P.s I replied to your comment on my blog x)

-Sophie xx