I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with MAC foundation. The finish can be so nice if you choose the right one for you. The shades vary greatly across the foundations. An NW15 won’t be the same from one foundation to the next and if you’re very pale or very dark none will suit. However, I was really intrigued with their new(ish) MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof foundation. All of these things appeal to me. I want a foundation that offers good coverage that isn’t too matte (this is described as a natural satin finish), I want it long-wearing and I’d like it to be nourishing. So yes, this appealed to me greatly. Let me list the good and the bad:
– good for sensitive skin, doesn’t cause outbreaks or irritation
– good coverage offering medium to full
– doubles as a concealer
– great match for my pale with pink undertones skin colour
– doesn’t set right away so you have a bit of time to blend it out
– gives a nice natural, satin finish, not too matte like some medium-full, long-wearing foundations can.
– separated on my skin after a couple of hours of wear
– I can feel it sitting on my skin and I’m used to full coverage foundations.
– won’t be a good choice for those with very dry skin or very oily skins.
– pricey, it’s currently £25.50 a pop
– the packaging is a bit of a let down. If I’m paying a good amount for foundation I’d like decent packaging too
If you can get this foundation to behave on your skin this would be a really nice foundation unfortunately I just can’t seem to get it to work. I think MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof foundation would work best for those with “normal” skin type. At the moment I don’t have overly oily skin or overly dry skin. I do have a couple of patches of dry areas and it just clings to them and the foundation just seems to melt anywhere on my face. I’ve tried different kinds of bases, some without oil and I’ve also tried applying this foundation on my bare skin but still I end up looking like a melted wax work. This is a real shame because on initial application this looks really good with a nice satin finish. NW15 in this is a really good match for my pale skin tone, it does seem paler than some of the other MAC foundations and the pink is only slight. I just cannot get this to last though.
Have you tried this foundation?