ELF HD Blush in Superstar

Yes, another blusher post. I’m going through a phase. ELF’s HD Blush is only £3.75 though in my defence. It’s rather lovely, Cherubian ruddy colour, a beautiful corally-pink. A very pretty colour that would suit most skin tones I think.

I think ELF’s HD blush is really similar to Daniel Sandler’s Watercolour Blushes, they’ve also been compared with Make Up Forever’s HD Blusher; but I haven’t tried these so can’t really comment, the packaging is remarkably similar though. Like Daniel Sandler’s blushes you only need the teeny tiniest amount. I HIGHLY recommend starting with a pinhead sized amount and building it up, unless you’re going for an Aunt Sally look.

This blush is really pigmented and I find it easy to blend. It needs a good shake before dispensing with the pump otherwise the creamy liquid splits and comes out a bit watery and a bit creamy. I use my fingers then tidy it up with a brush if needed, similar to the video above. It gives a nice, healthy glow to the skin and lasts well. I don’t really have any complaints with this blusher. I think ELF can be very hit and miss but their HD Blush is great for the price and has a lovely colour selection. Worth a go if you’re looking for a nice cheap way to perk up your face.

Follow Me on Bloglovin‘, Twitter, Instagram

More Aye Lined to Read:  A Pair of Shoes, Earrings, and a Bit of a Ramble.

12 Comments

1. April 3, 2013 / 6:22 pm

I've never really tried much from ELF but that blush is so pretty, I might have to make an order!x

• April 3, 2013 / 6:58 pm

delivery will almost be more than the order 😉 I also fancy trying "Headliner", it looks like a lovely soft pink xx

2. April 3, 2013 / 9:01 pm

I've never really tried elf but this looks like a great alternative to my usual powder blush.& being do cheap it would be rude not to!xx

3. April 3, 2013 / 11:10 pm

I've never tried a pump blush before, it almosts reminds me of a cheek tint. Love the color though! Definitely will have to check it out(:

-Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

• April 6, 2013 / 1:14 pm

it's a pretty decent pump, if you dont press too hard!

4. April 4, 2013 / 10:10 am

I'm just going to come out and say how JEALOUS I am that you have this! I have made 5 e.l.f. hauls since February and EVERYTIME the HD blush is sold out in every color except the dark purple one! I want Superstar and Encore more than anything else on their site. And, the HD blushes are probably the ONLY thing by e.l.f. that I don't own…I have a huge problem. Like, it's horrible. But it's so affordable, I can't help myself!

Thanks for the nomination, darlin! I've already been nominated but it still means so much that you would consider me!!!

XOXO,

Megan

• April 6, 2013 / 1:14 pm

you're very welcome! xx

5. April 4, 2013 / 3:03 pm

This looks fab! I'm a big fan of Daniel Sandler's Watercolour blushers, so I'll have to check these out to see how they compare 🙂 x

Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

• April 6, 2013 / 1:15 pm

if you do, i'd love to hear how you think they compare x